Tuesday, May 21, 2024

So Where Has The Chief Been?

 

If anyone was wondering I am still alive. I have been settling into my new home in Martin County FL. It was a hell of a grind moving, packing, and unpacking. That is even with hiring a mover with 3 men. My home is about 1300sq and nothing fancy. I was sold on the location when I first saw it. To the back and to the right of me is state game land. Coyotes, bobcat, deer, wild boar, rattlesnakes, and more. Pitch black out back at night and barely a sound. I am located on a deadend loop in the back. The other night I saw my first bobcat. It was about the size of a medium dog. It was staring at me on the edge of the driveway as I looked at it through the kitchen window. Did not appear menacing at all. Just took a break and have been enjoying cocktails on the back porch. The back yard is like a jungle. I have my work cut out for me. Just one neighbor to the left of me who is cool. Stepped on a fire ant mound by accident in a pair of boat shoes. Those little suckers bit up my ankles something fierce. But only a dumb ass would landscape in boat shoes. Work is done for the day. Time for a cocktail on the back porch.


Some more pics out back






15 comments:

Jax Bungee said...

I use a handheld shower head, with the hottest water you can tolerate - splash those ant bite pustules, and the hot water relieves the urge to scratch for about 8 hours. (Works on poison ivy too!)

bogsidebunny said...

Glad to see you're settling in to your new digs Chief. The photos look great.

MrKelly said...

Welcome home

Echo Hotel said...

Very nice, Chief!

d said...

good to see ya back. congrats

Grog said...

Good to know you didn't get arkancided, be cautious around the new neighbors

Doom said...

Good going, Chief. I hope it all works out.

Prayers your way. Not sure if you are armed, but I'd... advise it. Not a bad thing. Just an honest life. More thinking gators, and rabid critters. But... sometimes wild means... stupid crazy mean. And a little target practice.

Cheers.

The Jannie said...

I could live with those surroundings! Have fun and don't worry if there's something you can't find after the move: it'll be in a box somewhere . . .

edstafford said...

Glad you’re back, you’ve been missed.

kbit said...

looks nice a nice place you got there.

Anonymous said...

Rattlesnakes, huh. I'd have to take a pass on that. But congrats for finding what you want!

Annie in Ocala said...

Nice! Bears, gators, rattlers I give a wide berth. Bob cats never given issue to. Unless they're rabid, they will keep their distance. I moved out to secluded ONF 24 years ago for the dark and quiet. Seems everyone else has had same idea since and its neither dark or quiet around here anymore...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations--nice lookin' place!
What time's the grill firing up, and should I wear a BBQ gun or just the daily carry?
--Tennessee Budd

Irish said...

I finally got time to stop by.

Enjoy the new digs Chief!!

Bob said...

That looks like a pretty darn nice view! May you have many more cocktails savoring it.