Friday, October 28, 2016

Whiskey Laced Rant



I had a late night epiphany.....Passwords...

Just about everything you do in the corporate world or on the internet requires multiple passwords. Hell I have a sheet saved as a Word Doc with at least 30 passwords that there is no way in hell I will remember them all. Not to mention the fact that they all require changing after a certain time period. So why are we inundated with passwords? My take on the whole password issue is this...Obedience. Entering a password is basically the same as asking permission to complete a task. Whether it be online banking, visiting your credit card site, Ebay, etc. Passwords create an obedient population that must ask permission constantly. Social engineering the little sheep to obey and beg for their nightly dinner. Simplify your life if possible and eliminate as many as you can. I know anyone who visits me is not the kind of fucking person who asks permission for just about anything. Now to refresh my CC 9 year old and Ginger ale.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pendleton Midnight works perfectly

Wrekreation said...

"all comments must be approved by the blog author." Kinda like asking for permission huh.