Thursday, April 21, 2016

For My Gout Sufferers

If you enjoy a few cocktails like the Chief Nose Wetter than chances are you have had the gout at one time or another. I used to get an attack of the gout from time to time but since I have included fruit in my diet I have not had an attack. Click on the link below to keep your toes from looking like Fred Flintstone's.



Toejam said...

I'm a red wine drinker with my dinner and my quota is 3 or 4 glasses a day. I came down with Gout (Why do people say: "The Gout"? They don't say "The arthritis") at 73&1/2 for the first time. Doctor put me on a drug called Allopurino. It worked fine ridding me of the pain and symptoms for 6 weeks. Then, the side effects became intolerable. Joint pain in my knees, tremendous rash on my chest and flaking of my skin. He switched me to Febuxostat (expensive). I've been on that for about 3 months. So far the side effects are minimal, with nausea the worst. I've heard Black cherry concentrate is good and I even bought some but I rarely take any. The doc says cut back on my vino but it's my only vice and I'm resisting that option. Oh yea, amputation is not an option!

Chief Nose Wetter said...

Get off the meds as soon as you can. Drink a half teaspoon of baking soda before bed with water. That should alkalize your body. Also Bragg's apple cider vinegar with water daily is good too. Mix in the fruit and you will be good to go and not get a "Toejam".

Toejam said...

Thanks for the info Nose Wetter. I appreciate it. My "Toejam" hit last October and it was the worst pain I've endured in 73 years. I'm gonna get the baking soda tomorrow when I go shopping and give her a try.

Oh yea, off the subject take a look where our pathetic country is headed. I live in North Carolina and I'm saddened: